Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2016

White-headed Shelduck

Last month I guided 4 Czech tourist on a snorkeling and sightseeing tour in Raja Ampat. We visited numerous islands including Mansuar, Kri, Kabui bay and Fam islands. We saw a lot of frigate birds, shearwater and tern.
White-headed Shelduck in Raja Ampat
In our final day in Kri island, I saw a couple of big white ducks walking at the beach. It was close enough to me. So, I aimed my camera and shot them. At that time I did not know what species they were. When I returned home I opened my fieldguide book and was able to identify the birds. They were White-headed Shelduck (Tadorna radjah).
Raja Ampat regency is also the natural habitat of Red and Wilson's birds of paradise particularly in Waigeo and Gam islands.
Please, contact me by email to: peace4wp@gmail.com if you want to do birdwatching in Raja Ampat.

No comments:

Post a Comment